18 April 2006

R.I.P., Lil' Doodlebug

I would prefer to remember the sweater the way it *was*, not the way it is - now that I've followed the washing instructions and yet STILL had the pink bleed into the purple and completely RUIN my hard work for my cousin's little girl. I was so devestated on Friday when I brought the beanie down to put with it and saw the disaster. I tried everything. Nothing worked, and now I need to make a new one (god knows it'll be solid color this time!). But, alas, it won't be in time to bring to little Emma this weekend when we go to meet her. I'll bring the one we have, but I'm embarrassed to give her such a mess.

So, anyone using Heirloom Breeze in Musk Pink (019), in Dyelot 04, WATCH OUT! You can't handwash it AT ALL.

Rest in peace, little Doodlebug cardigan...


On a more positive note, my April afghan square is officially done, blocked, and folded, awaiting its partners.

With any luck, I'll actually get to cast on my socks for April's Project Spectrum - it's this fantastic orange, green, and yellow colorway that I picked up at Fleece Fair that I'm going to do up in a lace pattern.

No comments: