01 May 2006

I Heart My Noro Blossom Shrug


Seriously, the simplest project in the world. It's just a giant tube, broken apart in the middle, made with this nubby, yummy yarn. I initially intended to wait to cast it on, but the yarn came in the mail and I had to start...and then, it was downhill, mindless knit until the center, then just stockinette. I worked on it before classes. While DH was cooking dinner. In the morning (hides spilled coffee well). While watching TV. Skein after skein passed through my hands, and then, yesterday, I hit the last skein first thing in the morning. I knew my work was almost done, and decided not to shower and get dressed until I finished, so I could have the joy of wearing my new creation right away.


Somewhere around lunchtime, DH came home and saw me sitting there on the couch - "my butt got numb sitting in my usual chair in the kitchen" - and he said: "I thought it was almost done?"
Damn. I didn't escape it - that part of any large knitting project where you hit a certain point, and knit and knit, and it seems to just be stuck. Never grows. It's the knitting abyss. Everytime I checked the length of the second sleeve, thinking that surely this shrug would fit a monkey and that I should stop, it was still be 4" short.

At 2:30, the sleeves seemed to be the same length, and I blissfully bound it off and wove in the ends. Took my long-awaited shower, and put the glorious thing on. Well worth the wait!

1 comment:

Mia said...

How many skeins of Blossom did this take? I found 4 skeins in a color I like in a local store and wonder if it's enough before I buy the pattern.