03 June 2006

Project Spectrum June - The Month of Blue

Knitting may fall by the wayside this month in light of moving cross country to our new home on the East Coast. In the process, we are inheriting not one, but TWO blue rooms. I'm not a blue room fan - although our kitchen is yellow with blue and white accents nowadays and likely won't change in the new place.
I always view my bedroom as the most important place in the house - a place of rest. Its color is carefully chosen, and I have to be just crazy about how it's decorated. I've been in love with our bedroom here since we moved in:


Our new bedroom is a 3rd floor loft, and it is BLUE. Bluer than blue. My first thought was to paint it ALL. And then I realized that it was blue over the stairwell leading up to it. Blue in the hallway, too. Boy, that's a lot of blue to cover up - and over the stairs, pretty dangerous. So, for June, I am embracing the blue. To begin this adventure, I am ordering new bed linens. I'll be spending the better part of the month, I'm sure, figuring out how to decorate in blue in a way that I won't be sick of in 5 seconds, LOL.

So, without further adieu - here are the "before" pictures of the bedroom:



Here's hoping the "after" pics do Project Spectrum some justice!

No comments: